STAFF USE GUIDELINES
The purpose of the Microsoft Imagine subscription is to support the normal academic and research needs of the College, not the business and administrative functions. Thus, most staff are prevented from accessing the software available through this license. Staff responsible for research or academic functions (i.e. faculty, students, student labs, etc) will be given access to the ELMS system. It is important that staff authorized to use this license understand and agree to the terms of the Imagine master end-user license agreement (EULA) and any conditions required by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
By installing, copying, or otherwise using the products available through the MSDNAA program, you agree to be bound by the terms of the EULA and the Amendment to the EULA. If you do not agree to be bound, do not install, copy, or use the products available through this license.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences staff are not automatically authorized to access software through the ELMS system since the majority of the College’s staff is prevented from using the software due to MSDNAA license restrictions.
- Staff which support academic and/or research functions of the College can request a Imagine account by contacting CLAS IT staff..
- After your account is created you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the registration. Your login account name is your gatorlink email address ([GatorLink username]@ufl.edu). Please see the FAQ section for additional account related questions.
- You may not distribute software from this license to other users. Other qualifying individuals must obtain software via the ELMS system.
- In order to install certain components of the Product, you may need an Academic Alliance Product Key (“Product Key”). The Product Key will be assigned solely to download authorized software. You may not disclose the Product Key information to anyone else.
- CLAS IT will maintain records of software downloaded from the server and/or checked out, and will provide those records to Microsoft upon request.
- The majority of software available through the ELMS system for an account is distributed with a volume license product key. You may contact CLAS IT for assistance with this.
- You may install software available through the Imagine license on workstations used to support the academic or research functions of your unit.
- You may not install this software to support the business, administrative and/or management functions of your unit.
- The server packages may NOT be used as infrastructure for any unit. They can only be used to support a class in their use, administration and/or theory of the server application.
- When the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences no longer participates in the Imagine program, you may continue to use previously installed products, provided you continue to follow program guidelines.
- If you violate the terms of the EULA and the Amendment to the EULA, CLAS IT will require confirmation of removal of the program software.