Information for Web Editors and Webmasters
Last month we had a meeting to discuss changes to CLAS web services, policies, and links to web resources. Read the overview or download the presentation
Updates and Changes
- WordPress has been recently updated to the 3.6.1 security release. Most changes have been minor, but we encourage you to check your sites and report any problems.
- For some private sites, GatorLink users were still able to access as subscribers. Now they’ll see a notice.
- Create tables and import data from CSV
- Set expiration dates and category changes on Posts
- Create widget sidebars for specific pages
- Manage page order, nesting, and visibility in navigation menus
- Embed external audio and video into pages with a shortcode
Tutorials & Help
- UF Template Shortcode Reference – display lists of child pages, documents, or posts in specific categories in your pages.
- Samuel Proctor Oral History Program – http://oral.history.ufl.edu/
- Department of Classics – http://classics.ufl.edu/
- Spanish and Portuguese Studies – http://spanishandportuguese.ufl.edu/
- Evolutionary Biology – http://evolution.group.ufl.edu/
- Seahorse Key Marine Lab – http://skml.clas.ufl.edu/
Questions, comments, starting a new project? Send questions to us using the service request form